On May 13, 2017, let’s answer the question: What do we need to live our best life with CML?
We’ll explore …
- The whole CML experience: The CML journey is not the same for everyone. We’ll hear insights from those travelling the road mostly taken, and those who are living in the world of third-line treatments and transplants.
- Community connection: There is nothing more valuable than sharing experiences with people who know what it is like. Come, share, feel better.
- Treatment-free remission – Facts, fiction and the reality: Wondering if treatment-free remission is for you? Hear from our panel on why TFR is today’s most exciting CML story, what it’s like to stop medication, and how knowing your risk tolerance can help you make the right decision.
- Living well: There is always room to learn new tools to help you live a great life, both physically and emotionally. We’ll hear ideas on living more joyfully, keeping your gut healthy despite medication side effects, and how to take the stress out of conflict.
- Identify the needs of the CML community: We’ll be sharing the exciting projects that we have been working on to improve the experience of people with CML. But we want to hear from you too! Have ideas on how the Canadian CML Network can make a bigger difference? Is there an issue that you need help with? Let’s talk.
TO REGISTER, click here
8:30a.m. – 9:00a.m. BREAKFAST & REGISTRATION
9:00a.m. – 9:15a.m. Welcome & Objectives, Lisa Machado, Canadian CML Network
9:15a.m. – 10:00a.m. My life with CML: The way I see it, Timo Makori & David Mercer
10:00a.m. – 10:45a.m. CML Q&A, Dr. Jeff Lipton, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
10:45a.m. – 11:00a.m. BREAK
11:00a.m. – 11:30a.m. Emotional Yoga
11:30a.m. – 12:45p.m. Panel discussion: Treatment–Free Remission
- THE PATIENTS: Todd Winsor, Toronto & Philip Meffe, Quebec
- THE HEMATOLOGISTS: Dr. Jeff Lipton, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- THE PSYCHOLOGIST: Dr. Claire Edmonds, consultant in education, support and research for patients, volunteers and professionals
MODERATOR: Lisa Machado
12:45p.m. – 1:30p.m. LUNCH
1:30p.m – 2:15p.m. Emotional Refuelling: Handling the stress of conflict in a healthy way Karin Vagiste, mediator, author of Settle It!
2:15p.m. – 2:30p.m. Emotional Yoga
2:30p.m. – 3:15p.m. The Healthy Gut: How to manage GI distress Daniela Fierini, R.D. Clinical Nutrition Practice leader, University Health Network/Princess Margaret Hospital
3:15p.m. – 3:30p.m. BREAK
3:30p.m. – 4:15p.m. Discussion: What do we need to live our best life?
4:15p.m. – 4:30p.m. Closing remarks, Lisa Machado, Canadian CML Network